Give us a call
Call us Today!
Toll Free USA 800-974-2352
All Customers 417-887-7724
Whos On Line
We have 133 guests and no members online
Increasing Need for High-Speed Dedicated Access to the Internet
The Internet is rapidly becoming an electronic agent for commerce, entertainment, communication, and information retri
No price listed make offer below!
Cisco 12000 Series Gigabit Switch Router Channelized OC-12 Line Card
The Internet is rapidly becoming an electronic agent for commerce, entertainment, communication, and information retrieval. At the same time, new network-enabled intranet applications and powerful desktop computers are driving an exponential increase in network traffic. Its increasing popularity has forced several carriers, competitive local exchange carriers (CLECs), and Internet service providers (ISPs) to offer high-speed dedicated access. Currently the two most popular dedicated access connections are DS0 (transmission speed of 56 kbps) and T1 (transmission speed of 1.544 Mbps).
Many businesses that use these types of connections to gain access to the Internet are experiencing strains in throughput and slow response times. Network designers are searching for a new networking solution that can satisfy the ever-increasing need for bandwidth and transmission capacity. As a result of this emerging demand, carriers, CLECs, and ISPs are now offering DS3 (45 Mbps) dedicated access connections.
Anticipating these trends, Cisco Systems has responded by developing a channelized OC-12 (CHOC-12/DS3) line card; it is designed to simplify the deployment of DS3 services. The CHOC-12/DS3 line card provides up to 12 DS3 channels over a single optical interface.
- Cost reduction—Expensive cables, DS3 equipment, and in some cases Frame Relay switching equipment can be removed from core networking sites.
- Simplified DS3 deployment—A simple optical fiber replaces a complex maze of cables and equipment.
- Easier management—With the reduction in equipment, DS3 deployment will be easier and more efficient.
- Improved network availability and reliability—The card reduces the possibility of failure because it supports Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) automatic protection switching (APS) and reduces the amount of equipment required.
- Investment protection—The CHOC-12/DS3 is compatible with the products of many of the leading DS3 data service unit/channel service unit (DSU/CSU) and Frame Relay equipment vendors.
Shop with Confidence
- 100% Secure
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee
- Best Price
- World Seller